Why use Kinesio Tape?
The Kinesio Taping technique is a therapeutic tape application developed to support joints and muscles, without restricting the range of motion.
Taping can be used to both inhibit tight muscles and strengthen weak muscles thus supporting the recovery from sporting injuries and MSK dysfunction. It can also be used to stabilise joints following ligament sprains and can be used to aid lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling and bruising.
Kinesio Tex Tape Properties
- 100% cotton and latex free
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive
- Allows the skin to breathe
- Easily tolerated
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape
- Elastic properties to help to support and reduce muscle fatigue
- Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application